The DEC Ambassador Program
APPLICATIONS FOR THE SPRING 2015 CLASS WILL CLOSE FEBRUARY 20TH, 2015
The Dallas Entrepreneur Center’s Ambassador Program is a volunteer network created to give individuals the ins and outs of working with startups, provides leadership opportunities for those wanting to help support the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Dallas, and be a great networking tool to connect volunteers within the startup community. Volunteer ambassadors assist with promoting and educating the public about programs and offerings in the startup community. DEC Ambassadors share in the DEC values and mission of creating a collaborative ecosystem by supporting talent and innovation in the area. The Ambassador Program is more than a volunteer program. It’s a chance to take a leadership role in the entrepreneur community and to build on to your resume.
- Available 10-15 hours per month to spend working on DEC ambassador work.
- Work independently or as part of a team.
- Are energetic and passionate about the Dallas startup community. We will provide classes that will educate the ambassadors to the continually growing and burgeoning startup community in North Texas.
- Ambassadors commit to a 3 month term with the option to continue as an alumni following the program.
Ambassador projects can include opportunities to serve at the DEC or in the wider startup community. Here is an example of some of the current projects we will have ambassadors work on.
Events: Assist with programs and events. There are so many great events that are being put on at the DEC, we want to make sure that they are executed with excellence. This is also an unbelievable way to get connected in the startup community as you will have the chance to meet everyone that is coming in and leaving for events at the DEC.
Community Guide: Meet new people in the Dallas community by having conversations and hosting tours with people interested in the startup community or the DEC. This project is about promoting the entire startup community including all of the other great organizations across the North Texas.
Community Awareness: Inform people about new programs, workshops, networking events in and around the community.
Social Media Engagement: Encourage people to join the conversation about the startup community via Facebook group, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc and the newsletter.
Connector: Our community always has people looking for jobs, looking to hire new employees and just connect the right people that help facilitate community and can provide huge growth opportunities for people across the region. This project would help to facilitate and connect people across the region to build a greater community and help provide mutually beneficial relationships across the ecosystem.
Organizational Lead: There are national organizations contacting the DEC trying to launch a location presence here (ie. Tech Cocktail, Cofounders Lab, Startup Next, Startup Weekend, 1 Million Cups etc). We are always looking for leaders who would like to be the local champion/main point of contact for these national organizations to help them launch in Dallas and effectively serve entrepreneurs in North Texas.
Video/Photographer: Add to your portfolio book by capturing events and activities at The DEC. Take photos or videos of things that are happening, people who are here, and special moments that happen throughout events.
- Valuable work experience in the startup space around Dallas’ up and coming startup companies.
- Access to DEC organized classes or workshops for free.
- Mentorship from DEC staffers and our network of Mentors and Investors
- Gain startup experience. Get experience on the ground floor of a startup environment and have access to help learn from over 35 startups currently housed within the DEC.
- DEC Swag. You get free access to all DEC swag and goodies.
- Startup work experience to add to your resume.
- Letter of recommendation at the completion of your term.
- Future networking opportunities through the Ambassadors alumni network. This includes current and previous ambassadors, mentors, companies and staff that has been involved in the DEC.
2015 Spring Schedule (subject to change)
January 1st – Applications open for Spring class
February 20th – Applications close
March 11th - Ambassadors announced
Thursday, March 19th – Alumni and new class of Ambassadors happy hour
Tuesday, March 31st - Ambassadors Monthly Meeting (6-8pm)
Tuesday, April 28th - Ambassadors Monthly Meeting (6-8pm)
Tuesday, May 26th - Ambassadors Monthly Meeting (6-8pm)
Thursday, June 11th – Alumni happy hour